Friday, July 10, 2009

Gran Torino


What can one say about Clint Eastwood that hasn't been said a million times before?...probably nothing. He's never really clicked in my head as one of my favorites yet I can't think of any movies he's done that I didn't like. I was never a huge fan of his "spaghetti westerns" as they called them. (not sure why...never saw pasta of any kind in those movies). But I would usually watch it if I came across one on the t.v. And that wasn't HIS fault...you see, I already had John Wayne and nobody can top him in my book!
But tonight I watched Gran Torino and I loved it. It had a well thought out plot, characters that you grew to know and care about, a twist to the ending that was surprising, rather sad and yet perfect. I really enjoyed this movie.
One thing that really struck me is the way he looks now. He is obviously one of the very few actors that has not given in to the pressure to have plastic surgery. He is an old man and he looks like it. It makes me feel a little sad to remember how gorgeous he used to be and see him as an old man now but at the same time I have to respect him for his choice to be exactly who he is. It's going to be a tough day when we lose him. He's a marvelous actor, a great director and a real person. Watch this movie. You won't regret it!