Saturday, October 12, 2013

Chatfield Hollow State Park

I did quite a bit of hiking this summer...mainly because I knew I was going to be having foot surgery. It must have had some kind of psychological effect on me because it became very important to me to hike as much as possible. My logical mind kept telling me I'll be fine after the surgery but the crazy side never believes the logical side so I wasn't taking any changes. I hiked every place I came across and I was surprised at how many places there are to hike in the state of CT. 
So here are some pictures of Chatfield Hollow State Park in Killingworth. I think you'll agree it is a beautiful park.




It's not my fault...mushrooms follow me everywhere. 




They have a working water wheel.

This is some kind of club house that appears to be used for nature classes when it's open. 


This last shot was taken at the Clinton Town Beach.