Saturday, October 12, 2013

Risley Pond Trails, Vernon

Risley Pond was a beautiful green oasis with many special little spots where someone could sit and fish or have a picnic with a friend. 

The bigger picture from one end of the pond. We also came upon some teenage girls that were swimming (illegally) in the pond...swinging from a long rope hung from a tree. That really took me back!

Look Ma....gymnastic cattails!!

This stairway looked like it led straight into what would normally be a stream....that was a little confusing. 

Sometimes I make Bunny walk the plank for my own amusement. 

Frogs jumping out of everywhere. Bunny greeted them several times with a little scream. I think they liked it because they kept doing it....and so did she!


The strangest part of the day was when we were leaving. A young woman (in her teens) came up to us with a large box of bananas she was handing out. She said they were left over from some triathlon being held in the area. I wish I got her picture. The bananas were delicious!