Monday, October 14, 2013

Island Party- 2013


Every September the German Club in Broad Brook (of which I've been a member for a long time) throws an island party that consists of friends; family; a kick-ass live band and an awesome meal consisting of a variety of seafood favorites. The band this time was Drive Time....one of my favorites. And this year I tried the seafood bisque and I am never going back to regular old clam chowder again! The chowder is delicious too but the bisque was something new to me and I was blown away by it. If I had a choice I would have brought home a bucket of the stuff but lots of other people loved it too so there wasn't any left over.

There was a huge food line that didn't move quickly enough for SOME people. The odd duck in line here is my son Justin. He's every bit the ham I am when a camera is around. 

My friend Carol decided to see if she could still hula hoop. Like most of us at a certain age, we've had hula hoops when we were little and some of us used to be really good at it. Carol, encouraged by a little girl of about 6 yrs old, decided to give it a try. 

And she tried many many times while we took tons of pictures and laughed our butts off. 

But eventually she got it and won herself a little cheer and a round of applause from the people who had been watching and cheering her on. 

This party animal was one of the door prizes although I don't know who actually won him. 
I don't think he had a clue what was coming.