Sunday, October 13, 2013

Return to Scantic River Park West

When I returned to the Scantic River Park West it was to explore the trail with 'eyes' and I brought along Justin and Bunny. Both have been accompanying me on hikes quite a bit lately and both were interested in finding another beautiful trail so close to home. 
And judging by the signs that someone had written 'loser' on, we determined we were on the loser trail. It's always good to know what trail you're on in the woods. 

I was so glad we took the loser trail. Look how beautiful it is!! I have tons of pictures I took but had to narrow it down to just a few. Hopefully you can get a sense of how awesome the loser trail really is! Never shun the loser trail without checking it out first. 

Beautiful colors of fall just starting to edge the trees around the water. And the property across the river is a farm with cows roaming free....and occasionally wondering who we were. No doubt thought we were losers.

And then we came across trees across our path. As you will see below we each found our own way around these obstacles. Bunny tried her version of the limbo....

For Justin and Zack it was a hop, skip and a jump.....

But me? Well it appears I am slightly tree challenged.....

Oh yeah....slightly challenged alright.....

Ok. I'm a loser on the loser trail!

But on the other side of all those trees was THIS and it was well worth it!!