Saturday, October 3, 2009

Stacey's Birthday

Stacey's birthday today!

The evening started at Bunny's house...even though the kids refer to it as Jake's house. (that always cracks me up) I wonder if they refer to my house as Justin's house too. I'm just waiting for the day I can bring a bunch of my friends to Justin's home and call it mine. ha ha

I got to Bunny's house (aka Jake's house) a little later than everyone else. I had to give the pups time to "process" their dinner as they would be spending a couple of hours in their pens. They weren't really cooperating with me however. I've learned that neither one of them wants to go outside for potty time in the rain. Nicki took one look at the rain and started pulling backwards to stay in the house! (I didn't tell her she's going to get another bath tomorrow). Bell has a different technique...she lunges on the leash thinking she can bypass potty time completely and just head straight back to the house. The weird part is when they go out in the rain together it's fine with them because they just want to wrestle in the wet grass. There is no figuring out these two.

When I arrived at Bunny's everyone was up in Jake's room playing Guitar Hero. Looks like fun but I didn't get a chance to play. Before we knew it the party had moved to the garage. Eventually the camera came out (I borrowed KC's....Nicki was borrowing mine) and it was time to capture some of the fun. Somehow our parties always end up with props. Bunny brought out some Halloween costumes and almost everyone ended up wearing something. We decked Justin out in some kind of monster mask huge ugly hands and feet. Somehow those pictures came out slightly blurry so it almost looks like he's melting. Kind of cool. Stacey (being the birthday girl) somehow seems to show up in almost every picture....she must be a camera freak.

A pizza showed up and eventually a cake followed. And somehow the party became a dance demonstration. I took turns with Stacey trying to do some Michael Jackson moves. They are much harder than they look! I tried several times to stay up on my toes like he did....going to have to practice that one a lot more. Then we posed Stacey in a Thriller type dance position and it looked pretty good. I think she's going to have to practice that dance number a bit more too.
I did find out that Stacey was into dancing jazz all through school. That explains why our one picture with "jazz hands" was a natural fit for her. I'm going to have to work on her to see if she'll show me some of the other stuff she knows. I'm sure she's full of moves that I would love to learn.

I had to leave the party after a couple of hours. My girls can't hold it forever in their pens and making them wait too long just means more work for me. The kids had plans to go play a few games of Galactic Bowling. I'm not sure if they made it there or not. I wanted to go too because I've never seen bowling in black lights (but I have done mini-golf in black lights) but the girls were calling so I had to be the good Mom and go home instead.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!