Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bell...NO

Today wasn't such a bad day even if there was rain and wind all day. The girls were out of their pens quite a bit today. And there hasn't been more than one accident on the carpet since I washed it. (Any day with no pee is a good day!)

I knew that the girls were going to need to cut loose a bit today and I wasn't about to brave that cold wind and rain to make sure they were exercised. So I let them tear through the house for about a half hour at a time several times today. In between that they played quietly in the kitchen while I paid some bills and made various foods for myself and the pups. Then I read up on some dog information and it was time for the girls to run wild again. It was sort of like little mini doses of controlled chaos. Not a bad arrangement at all considering we didn't have many choices.

Well it was during our last controlled crazy time that it all went wrong....very wrong. I had just reached my level of enough is enough with the running back and forth. I told the girls to stop and lay down (they sometimes even listen to me now) and Nicki stopped to pick up her stuffed bunny before throwing herself down on the carpet and dedicating her quiet time to destroying it. For no reason known to me Bell walked over, stood over Nicki and suddenly started peeing on her...all over her head; neck and ear!
While I couldn't believe what I was seeing, my mothering instincts kicked in immediately and I launched myself off the love seat at Bell....yelling NO at her I grabbed her scruff and gave her a little shake (ok maybe a big shake) before hauling her over to her pen.

I turned around and poor Nicki was winking pee away from her eye while dripping pee off her ear! She had such a confused look on her face...poor thing. I gave her a double washing of the face; neck and ears; cleaned up the rug and then went back to clean Nicki again! I couldn't imagine having someone pee on me like that but more importantly I kiss those two on the head all the time! (Yuck!)

No pictures of this one guys...but then how weird would it be if I actually had a picture of that!