Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kaylee's Birthday Party

We had a birthday party at my house for Kaylee the other weekend. She's 6 yrs old already..(and I can still remember holding her in my arms the day she was born. Seems like it was just yesterday). Some of her little friends showed up with their Mom's. In my day the Mom's used to dump their kids and run! I'm glad they stuck around. Kaylee had a good time. Some of the boys got a little rowdy and there were a few tears a couple of times.. but nothing that wasn't cured by cake.

Kaylee spent a little time drawing on the driveway with some colored chalk. That's another thing that wasn't around or wasn't popular when my kids were little. This was the first time I had "original art" created on my driveway. There were lots of gifts; some balloons; cake and ice cream and some crazy energy being used up by the little ones.

The puppies were a big hit when I brought them out for a potty break and social time. A spontaneous game of frisbee and soccer broke out in the back yard between some of the adults and a couple of the kids. The puppies got involved whenever the frisbee happen to land close enough for them to steal it and run. Of course they couldn't run too far because I had them each on a long leash. (they will not be off leash for a very long time but they don't know that, so don't tell them please!) They always seem so surprised when they get to the end of the leash and come to an abrupt stop. ( silly puppies)

Kaylee had a great day and so did the rest of us. Of course for Kaylee any day that has both cake and ice cream is a wonderful day. At one point we had Kaylee all decked out in every bit of birthday girl identification items we had. She loved all the stuff she had on. We even decked Mom (my mother) out a little bit before she went home. I think we all get our sense of humor from my mother. She's always game for anything silly or a good practical joke.