Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fused Glass Class

 Four of us (KC; Bunny; Anne and myself) recently attended a class on Fused Glass at the Art & Soul Studio in Windsor. We had a blast! And some people in the class actually learned something too. I was not one of the ones that learned anything...in fact my group was too busy having a good time to actually bother to learn anything. But some of the other people in the class were asking intelligent questions so I'm sure they learned something. We were just idiots having fun. (luckily there was no quiz at the end)
The top picture here shows how my jewelry started out....before firing. 
 And this shows how it came out after firing. Pretty isn't it? I haven't completely decided what I'm going to make them into although I took findings to make at least one a pin and possibly the other one will be a book mark. 
 This is how Bunny's started out. (being blurry was not part of the plan...that was my fault)
This is how they ended up. Love the colors!! 
I haven't had a chance to take pictures of Anne and KC's creations but I'm hoping I'll get a chance to take pictures of them too. 
The woman that owns the place said we can come back for 'bench time' if we'd like...that means you don't have to buy another whole class again. Instead you can pay her $5 per hour to come and make more and that's called bench time. There would probably be an additional fee for supplies but it shouldn't be much. We all like the idea of doing it again. I want to make something a little bigger next time but I still have no idea what it would be. I like the idea of winging it!