Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter with Kaylee

Easter this year was a little different than usual. I didn't feel like cooking a big meal...nothing new about that really. But this time around I decided to do a 'picnic theme' for Easter. It's not that often we get such warm weather this time of year and it just seemed like such a waste to be inside cooking and missing all of it. Sooooooo we did a picnic. I dragged out the grill; bought macaroni salad; potato salad; seafood salad; pickles (for Kaylee); various fruits to make a lovely fruit salad; and of course the traditional hot dogs and hamburgers.

We (ok, really ME) hauled everything outside so we could eat at the picnic table in the beautiful sunshine. Justin was in charge of the grill and it wasn't long before we were all laughing at stories of crazy holidays of the past. Justin had changed the oil in my car this morning and while the car was up on jacks we agreed that it gave the yard a special flair that was just perfect for a "hillbilly" Easter! I had a sudden urge to decorate the car with stuffed bunnies and Easter eggs but Kaylee wasn't going for that.

Kaylee had a wonderful time during her egg hunt. Then she settled on the deck to open the plastic eggs and see what was inside. The prizes ranged from chocolate eggs to quarters and some 'extra' little gifts were found next to some of the eggs too. Kaylee found a blue stuffed bunny; a heart note pad with bunny pen and a little whirly launcher. She immediately used the note pad to thank the Easter Bunny. What a nice girl she is!
I'll let you in on a little secret....I found the notes on the deck later and threw them out, thinking she had forgotten them. Then Kaylee informed me she left them there for the Easter bunny to find. Whoops!

So here are the pictures from our Easter. I didn't take a single shot while we were eating, so you will have to take my word for it that I made some brownies in the shape of eggs and decorated them like Easter eggs. They were delicious and I will definitely make them again!