Thursday, April 1, 2010

Back to the Woods

I finally got smart enough to take only one dog with me when I hike. It's a little guilt trip for me because I don't like leaving either one of them behind. But trying to handle both of them together is beyond me. I keep telling myself it will get better. (if I say it enough it will come true, right?) I've had a couple of close calls when they are together and I'm not about to repeat that again.

This trip was the first time hiking with Kaylee this year. Now that the snow and ice has melted and the trails have dried out for the most part it's fun to be in the woods again! And apparently the beaver think so too because it looks like they have been out in force. I took pictures of their creative endeavors. Yet they never seem to finish anything. I would expect to see an entire hunting lodge put up by beavers by now!

On this trip I decided to take Nicki. She seems to have more energy than Bell and I was sick of her antics at home. I figured she would get nicely worn out and sleep good when we got home. What was I thinking? I swear Nicki sleeps with one eye open...always ready for fun that one.

I did find out that Nicki is not afraid of water. She didn't hesitate to jump in the river several times when we took a break. That doesn't mean she will like to swim but at least she has no fear of the water. I've had a couple of dogs that I had to actually teach to swim..they were that paranoid! One of them used to swim next to me and cry the whole time!


So here are the pictures of that outing with Kaylee and Nicki.