Thursday, December 10, 2009

NYC

This is one more picture from NYC. We all scooched (is that a word?) over in the booth and had the waitress take our picture. You know I often hear that people in NY are unfriendly or cold and unfeeling...and I've sort of always believed it. But on this trip we asked for directions and got them; had this nice restaurant recommended to us and in general got a good feeling from the people we encountered. Maybe it was because most of the people were from out of town like us. Maybe it was because everyone is getting into the holiday mood. But maybe it's because we misjudge people and group them into categories without really taking the time to know them. It just seems that if you approach people in a friendly manner they seem to respond in kind. Whatever the reason may be we did meet nice people and I'll think twice before saying New Yorkers are cold.


And now that winter is making itself known I think it's time for me to start planning the next trip. I find it very soothing to settle in on a cold night with a warm cup of cocoa and plan the first trip in the Spring. Any suggestions?