Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hard At Work

I got a brainstorm and decided to hollow out one of the stumps in my yard and plant some flowers in it. 
Kaylee was very excited about the idea. 

Such a dedicated worker she is! She even went and got a little chair from the house so she could wait and watch and be ready when it was her turn to do some of the work. Kaylee was in charge of taking out the wooden chips from the center of the stump.

 I'd chip away with a chisel and hammer and she's use the trowel to take the pieces out of the middle to make room for the plants. 

The project was completed and we admired our work. But the plants haven't been doing all that well in the stump and the stump itself isn't in the best shape either.  I may not replant next year. Kaylee and I will have to evaluate the situation and come up with a different plan. But I'm sure she'll love a new project too.