Thursday, August 29, 2013

Broad Brook Beginnings

The town of Broad Brook was built up around the woolen mill. Most town residents were employed there in it's day. 

This shows Broad Brook from above. The pond doesn't look too much different today but everything else sure does. 

This is a shot of the mill burning. My father and brother were fighting that fire along with so many other fire fighters from surrounding towns. It took them days to get that fire under control. 

This is what the Broad Brook Fire Dept looked like when it first started. 

A artists birds eye view of Broad Brook 

Another birds eye view. 

This is a picture of the Butternut Pond in Broad Brook. All my life it's had bushes and trees all grown up around it so it's not possible to see the water anymore. It's been so long since I've looked I'm not even sure there is water there anymore. I had no idea it was ever this wide open looking and I'm surprised the people owning property around it didn't keep it more open looking. It was quite pretty in it's day. 
Note: All photos are from the East Windsor Historical Society