Friday, March 23, 2012

Powder Hollow Park








Every time I go to Powder Hollow Park I feel like I get to know the place just a little bit more. This time the kayak lovers were out in force. This surprised me because the water is still very cold.







There are so many pieces of the foundation from what I'm assuming must be the old mill. I actually became so curious about all these monuments to times gone by that I looked it up on line. I knew it was some kind of a mill and that's all I knew.


This is a piece of old rusted heavy duty chain that I came across. I don't know why but I wanted to take that home with me....wanted it real bad....but I left it there.





And of course there is no better companion for any hike than Kaylee. She is such a sweet little girl and she absolutely loved everything we saw that day. I kept hearing 'that's awesome Gramma!' and 'this is the best day!'...which made me very happy.