Saturday, February 13, 2010

Peeing In The Woods


I have questions. And one of my questions is.....why is it such a big deal about me peeing in the woods? Guys do it all the time. They are EXPECTED to do it. So why is it such a terrible thing that I do it too? Nobody sees me (almost got caught once but not quite) and I'm very discreet. I've never run through the woods screaming with my pants around my ankles. (ok, not since that one time!) I'm not a secret nudist just waiting for my chance to spring at people. So why all the fuss? Are we a society of prudes? Are we all secret sexists? What's the problem here?

And while we're on the subject, why do I have to pee every time I'm in the woods? How come I can go a million times at home before I leave but still I'll have to go when I get there? Is there something about trees that make humans pee? Is it the wind? Or is it maybe a sense of freedom and oneness with nature that stimulates the bladder? Perhaps it's just that it's a challenge....no bathrooms...possibility of being caught....climbing over downed tree limbs to find a good spot....who knows? All I know is I think it's perfectly natural and if I'm comfortable with it..well, the rest of you should stop laughing!