Friday, November 1, 2013

Shovel Head Halloween 2013

Carol was kind enough to bring me out for a little sight-seeing on Halloween. We went to a well known, although new to us, house in Enfield. A side note is that one of the members of the band Shovel Head happens to live at this house. He also made ghoulish replicas of the band members and they were sprinkled through out the lawn display too. This fuzzy fella jumped up and scared the crap out of Carol....I enjoyed seeing that I must say and so did several other people who witnessed it. 

Now I can't say that I know the band members and I've never listened to the band actually either. I will be taking an interest in the band now that I've seen their alter egos.....kind of would like to compare for accuracy if nothing else. 

This fella introduced himself by jumping out and saying boo at Carol too. It's like she had a bulls-eye on her or something but he failed to scare her. His name is AJ and he seemed to be VERY impressed with himself and expected us to be just as impressed with him. Well low and behold he made me aware that I needed a picture of him with his Halloween replica! And me, not being able to say no....really, he wasn't about to hear no, took the lovely photo shown above. 
I have since spoken to a few other people about meeting him and was told they also met him and did not appreciate his love affair with himself either. Ah well...it takes all kinds. 

This guys eyes lit up and he spoke but I couldn't hear what he was saying......probably programmed to tell everyone how awesome AJ is. 

Now this table was interesting...it's hard to see but that's a skull in that container, boiling in some kind of yellow liquid. Very gruesome. 

What would a Halloween house be without some poor soul being electrocuted  all evening? He's gonna have a wicked headache in the morning. 

Another good reason for going to the Halloween house is that instead of taking money for the experience they charge a food donation to be given to one of Enfield's local shelters. They are aiming for 600 lbs but I'm sure they've gone over that amount. I brought a bag of food only because bringing one item felt cheap and then every item I selected really needed something else to 'go with it'. 

Another good point in their favor is that the donation at the Halloween house also served as your payment into a haunted house further down the road. Carol and I stood in line for a little while and after viewing the crowd I started becoming more and more nervous. Too many people running out screaming coupled with standing in line too long made me realize I don't want to get my foot stepped on and I can't take standing for long periods of time yet. Next year we'll go before Halloween...but we'll see it. 

This creature was amazing...not because of what it looked like, we've all seen them before. No, this was amazing because it was floating far above all our heads....way up near the top level of the telephone pole. Now how do you suppose they got that up there??