Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sessions Woods, Burlington, CT

I took these photos on a hike at Sessions Woods. This was a new place for me. It was quite interesting and very pretty. The incoherent stream (aka babbling brook) that seemed to be at every turn...
 A large marsh area sort of dedicated to whatever (invisible) beavers may be living there....

The pretty display of various water plants being discussed by an elderly British couple that suddenly became pointedly silent when I arrived on the scene. (well....excuse ME!)...

The adorable little birds that laughingly refused to come within camera range....(and repeatedly called out mocking remarks at me)

The fire tower that I climbed half way up; stopped to look; became terrified of the old, slightly rotted look of the wood and the realization that if I fell or if it toppled down with me in it there was no one around to come take a picture of it.....then slithered back down like the coward I am....

The waterfall that wasn't really but thought it was, so I had to give it the satisfaction of taking a picture....poor thing.....

And remember that incoherent stream from before?.....yup, still there. 

There was also a very nice museum of stuffed wild animals that ranged from all manner of birds to deer and black bears. (I was afraid to ask where they animals came from) I didn't take pictures because I was eager to start the hike and when I got back it was closed....next time I'll get pictures.