Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What's That Smell??




 This is the face that one makes when they walk down the stairs into the section of the gardens that has the mystery smell. It's bad...that smell. And it's rather overwhelming when you first come down the stairs but it disappears a few steps away from the bottom step. Odd, don't you think? We thought so too so we did a little investigating to uncover what was causing that smell.
All three of us wandered slowly through the area sniffing each and every plant we saw. Not one single plant did we miss. And then Marie found it.....a tiny little blue flower in the middle of a bunch of greenery and it stunk to high heavens!!


Marie called me over saying 'I found it!'...like she's just won a prize or something. So I leaned in and took a big sniff, never suspecting that it would be so very strong that it would feel like it pierced my nose! I gagged and took several steps back....gross!! I won't do that again.

I didn't take a picture of the little blue flower. I couldn't stand being close to it long enough to take the picture! But I HAD to capture the look on these two faces now didn't I?

Ahhhhhh good times...good times! And now I can cross 'sniff gross little flower' off my bucket list.