Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Impostors






Sidewalk chickens...I know I've mentioned them before. And I've been looking for them for months now but they just haven't been out and about when I was. But I stuck to it.

And then it happened! A couple of months ago I saw chickens! But they weren't on the sidewalk so technically I suppose they can't be called sidewalk chickens. They were in front of a cemetery next to a church. So I'm not sure if they'd be called church chickens or cemetery chickens. And to be honest they weren't alone either. There was a guinea hen or two sauntering around amongst them there chickens...trying to blend in I'm sure.

So for now I'll post these pictures of church chickens/guinea hens because I'm sure I won't be seeing any sidewalk chickens until next year. I can't speak for the guinea hens (because they obviously have a mind of their own) but most chickens tend to stick closer to home during the winter months.
But come spring time and through the summer I'll still be on the look out for those sidewalk chickens!