Monday, August 9, 2010

Mom's 80th Birthday Party

Mom's 80th birthday was August 2nd. We had this party all planned before Dad passed away and when Mom started trying to back off on it we wouldn't let her. She was afraid people would think it was in bad taste. So I spoke to several of her friends after the funeral and all of them were completely in favor of still putting on the party...as long as Mom was up to it. Well she was. My Mom is a survivor! Plus speaking for myself, we never know how much time we have left to enjoy each other so it only makes sense to make the most of it while we're here.
These are the pictures I took from that day. The 'balloon ladies' were some of the grandkids (yes my son Justin strikes again!) setting up the club. I hope you enjoy them. It was a good time and one we all needed.
(The dates on the pictures are wrong. The party took place on August 7th.)