Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Coolest Tree

I'm not yet ready to start posting the things I've written about my Dad. I still need pictures to go with it. But for now I'll make you a part of some of the things I've been doing to distract myself.
And here is one of them.

This tree is amazing. It is located in Granby, Ct. and it is reported to be over 450 yrs old and it's simply known as The Dewey-Granby Oak. But the amazing part is the way the tree has grown over the years. It's just all over the place. I've never seen any other tree grow like that. Well you probably would understand better if you just look at the pictures I took.
I had Kaylee with me that day and a few of the pictures show her in front of the tree. It's hard to understand the massive size of the tree until you see her in front of it. It's a monster of a tree!