Saturday, January 23, 2010

Carol's Surprise Party

Carol's birthday is in January. With all the holidays so recently gone by it's tough to get people geared up for a surprise party. This time the surprise was on me because it was easier than I thought it would be. There were family members; friends; and many gate crashers because the party was held at a local watering hole. It was amazing how many people were willing to be look outs too which was a big help.

Carol was taken out to dinner by Larry...he was our inside man. After dinner he casually suggested a drink at Jimmy's to round out the evening. Perfect! She stepped in the door, we yelled surprise and she started crying. (The goal is always to make them cry so I was satisfied at that point.) She later told me that it was the best surprise party she ever had. And in fact there ended up being more family members there than I had originally asked...which was great because I don't know her whole family and she was so happy to have them there.

I won't give you a blow by blow of the evening. I'll let the video speak for itself. There are other pictures that I haven't gotten my hands on yet. At least one of Carol and I kissing Larry from each side of him...a surprise for him. ha ha Everyone had a great time and I'm glad it was a success.