Thursday, May 28, 2009

Plotters Kill Falls, NY












These are some pictures from my trip to Plotters Kill Falls in New York state. The guy sitting in the top center of the falls is Russ, who together with his friend Ron, became our spontaneous guides for the day. With their encouragement I found the courage to scale down some very steep and rugged areas to get the best pictures. And later the climb back up on the other side of the falls was quite a challenge too. I somehow feel like I should have received a badge of some kind for this!
The water level was surprisingly low for May. The local people all claimed they had a rough winter but the falls sure didn't show as much evidence of this as I would have expected. Overall the falls were beautiful and big thanks go out to our "guides" who showed us areas we never would have found on our own.