Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Mom's Birthday Dinner






Pretty much every year we take Mom out for dinner for her birthday. This time we went to Olive Garden and it was Bunny and me taking her out. 

The dinner was fine although nothing to get excited about. The Olive Garden now has a small game console on the tables and you can play a variety of games for free. It's a feature I would expect to see on the tables in the bar area and not the restaurant, but it was fun to give it a try while we waited for our food to arrive. 

Bunny brought Mom to the restaurant so it was my job to take her back home. The drive home turned out to be the highlight of the evening....and quite by accident. 

As we were driving to Broad Brook we saw an accident on one of the small Enfield roads. We passed it slowly; cops and lights everywhere; didn't look too serious but the cars involved were pretty banged up. After seeing that I saw a couple more cruisers in Enfield as I was making my way to Broad Brook. Seeing so many cops in a small span of time made me hyper aware of them and I happen to notice a cop car hiding along side of Revay's building but on the side where the tree line was....very difficult to see and a perfect spot to catch speeders. 

So I said out loud to Mom "I saw a cop hiding there next to Revay's", to which she replied "Really?? I've never seen one of those! Where did you see it?!??"  I'm instantly baffled by the overly excited response to my bland remark so I said "Right there next to Revay's."  And she says "Really? A cock fight next to Revays??!!" And I said "No, I said I saw a COP HIDING next to Revay's" and she says "Oh, I thought you said you saw COCK FIGHTING next to Revay's!!"

I still can't stop laughing..........