Monday, February 18, 2013

Crappy Boots






It was when I stepped outside into the blizzard of 2013 that I discovered my boots had betrayed me. They are newly bought this year just before winter..intended to replace the pair I'd worn out. The previous pair had been worn for uncounted years. THESE boots on the other hand didn't even make it through the first winter; the first snow storm; a blizzard no less! Failed their first test they did....and I was plenty angry about it. (this winter has been an angry one for me). The back split on both boots. They probably stayed up all night thinking of the perfect way to screw me up. Touche crappy boots!

So when I found myself standing in waist high snow and I felt the icy cold snow sneaking into the back of my boots, what could I do? It's not like I could drive anywhere to get another pair of boots. I couldn't get the car out of the garage even if there had been a store open. So I did the next best thing. I stuck plastic bags in each boot; shoved my foot back in them and went back to work. And I'm still wearing them. I'm going to wear them for the rest of the winter too so I get my money's worth out of them before I chuck them. So there crappy boots!