Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Broad Brook Pond

I've heard Broad Brook referred to as a 'sleepy little town' a lot when I was growing up. But still... every once in awhile there's a bit of excitement going on.
In an attempt to prevent the dam from breaking during Hurricane Irene, they drained some of the water. This car was found in the pond.

And there's me brother David, with the quirky look on his face. My brother in law Tom, is in the red shirt in the background.

Of course they had to open the trunk just to be sure there wasn't a body in there. Judging from the look on the cops face it probably didn't smell very good.

An unconfirmed story reached my ears that the car was reported stolen from Mill Pond Village (just up the road) about 5 yrs ago.
Yup, just another 'sleepy little town' story. :)