Friday, July 9, 2010

Kaylee Loves Raw Peas

I'm behind on my posts, I know. But you know how it is in the summer...there is always something going or something that needs to get done. The urge to stay indoors is never with me unless the heat outside has defeated me...and even then it's only under protest.


These are pictures of Kaylee helping me pick peas (6/22/10 camera was putting the wrong date on the pics ) and then learning to shell them. She promptly popped them in her mouth too so very little made it in the house. But she did take the time to comment on each pea as it came out of the pod. Ooohhhh that's a big one or Gramma look how many are in here!


We had a blast doing the peas but I've learned to be a bit more careful where to plant them next time. They took up too large a section of the garden and took forever to get to the picking stage. That threw off my whole planting process and I have to admit this year my garden is a joke compared to past years. Almost everything was late going in thanks to the peas and I have large sections that I just gave up on. Got to think it through better next time.